April 29, 2007

Proposal Daisakusen 01 - review

So I naturally picked this one up (not a lot to pick from this Spring 2007..or not a lot that interest me...better put?), since Yamashita Tomohisa was in it. The story did call me because it would put one of my favorite actors in a diffrent role than he's usually in (even though Kurosagi was a really diffrent role, I still wanted something else from him), and it had him pursuing a female lead (Nobuta didn't count...ask why and be attacked).


Well, the story starts of when a man by the name of Ken, now probably (didn't specify) in his mid 20's, waking up late and going to his friends wedding, Rei. Ken is actually in love with her, but since he was always the quiet, cold, normal, and boring one, he never actually made a move on her. The fact that she is getting married, and he is (something...idk) helping out in the wedding, is even worse for his spirit. He regrets not being the one getting married.Fast forward to after the wedding, when he is approached by a man who calls himself a fairy, who offers him a way to go back in time. A picture with Rei frowining because of the loose of a baseball game is shown. The fairy doesn't tell him that he needs to try to get the girl, but just to be satiesfied. Ken decides to do it, and he wakes up in the past, at this senior year baseball game. Rei is cheering for him, but he again lets her down, and instead of staying on 3rd base, like he did before he went back to the future, he tries to run for fourth place, and ends up missing, and getting out. This dissapoints Rei, but in the end, she is smiling in the photograph when Ken is suddendly pulled back into the prescense again.

Overall, I give the first episode a 9 out of 10. Why didn't it get that extra point you ask? Because of the way some of the scenes where laid out to the viewer. In my opinion, Ken shouldn't have been late to the wedding. It should have been some kind of scence where he is shown getting ready in his room, and he starts to reminisce about the past with Rei. He looks over to the photograph that is eventually goes into, when someone knocks in his room, and he has to leave for the wedding. That is the way it should've been. But hey, I don't write dramas, so.

The actor that played Rei was a really good actor. I don't know what is going on at first (when she is getting married), but I do think that she still has feelings for him (look at their eyes), and it might be forshadowing something (IDK, but maybe it's just me).

Yamapi (Yamashita Tomohisa) is a great actor. In this drama, I love how he acts, specially In the scence where he is suddendly in the past, and doesn't really understand what is going on, until he realizes that he went back 5 years ago.

Overall, I know that I will continue to watch this drama (and so should you), because of I want to see in what direction the writers take the story. The drama is really good, it stays light hearted, not getting to serious (cough *Kurosagi* cough). One of Ken's friends (the man without the glasses) kept making me laugh all through the episode.

After watching it twice, I can tell this is going to be a good show. Keep watching you silly balloons you.

9/10

No comments: