April 29, 2007

Bambino 01 - review

OH YEAH. Matsumoto Jun (Matsujun from now on in this blog) is back. I'm so friggin' happy that he is back, because I just..really really love his acting.

Before I continue, this is a review for bambino.

His acting in Hana Yori Dango is what got me hooked into this character (which reminds me, I hate to watch Hana Yori Dango 2). IDK what it is, but his character in Bambino, Ban, is so similar to his character in Hana Yori Dango. Am I the only one who thinks this? Hope not.

Now on to the review.

Overall, I give this episode a 10/10.

Why? Idk, it just got me hooked, right away. The characters are all balanced out for each other (the bitch, the asshold..grr, i hate that guy), and Matsujun portraying the role of a chef, a struggling and up and coming chef, who isn't really having a good time if you ask me...it's just all great.
The episode starts with the main character, Ban, arriving into Tokyo, while having minor flashbacks of his previous "job", apprentice to "an-Italian-educated chef" (if that even means anything...^_^;).

He arrives at the restaurant that his previous master told him about. One of his friends owns that restaurant, and Matsujun (Ban) is going to be "helping" there.

As the underdog story goes, he arrives there, and is ridiculed, and is forced to work a "bazillion times harder" that everyone else. (poor matsujun =( ).

Well, i'm not going to continue and spoil the rest, but it's really good. If you guys aren't watching it..then idk what too tell you..

But anyways, I really like Yonamine. LOLs, he kept hitting on Ban all throught the episode, and apparently he is the only one that is cheering for him (in the inside). But does he have a thing for Ban, or does he see himself in Ban (like was he an up and coming helper once???)...idk, we'll see.
Another character that I liked, was the quiet chef, the one that seemed to manage the kitchen, Atsushi. He dindn't really show much feeling towards Ban, but maybe he sympathized with him. IDK, we'll see. hopefully he's on Ban's side.
I'm going to keep watching. Hopefully so do you guys out there (if anyones really reading my blog, =) ).

10/10

No comments: